Wednesday, January 29, 2014

About my blog.

Hi there! My name is Tiffany and I am creating a blog that will mainly serve as a foreigner's guide, specifically for Americans, to the Chinese traditions, culture, and lifestyle. This blog will mainly be mostly about my personal experience about the current lifestyle and culture of Chinese people in America, mainland China, and in Hong Kong, but the primary focus will be in Hong Kong. There may be some history in some of my posts to provide background to some traditions we have.

If you haven't realized it already, I tried to be "punny" in my blog title. Instead of "way," I chose "wei." "Wei" is also used as a greeting on the phone so I thought it was semi-appropriate to use this to "greet" my audience! (I'll try to add humor to my posts, but I know I'm not the funniest human being in the world, so please don't judge me.)



About me.

Name: Tiffany Lee
Age: 20 years
Ethnicity: (if you haven't guessed already) Cantonese Chinese
Languages: Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, English, and French

Occupation: College student
Concentration: Majoring in Biomedical Engineering, Minoring in Applied Mathematics, Pre-Veterinary Emphasis (No, my parents didn't make me choose this.)

Hobbies: Figure skating, piano, reading books, crafting projects

So why do I think I am qualified to write about this topic?

I am a first generation Chinese-American. I was raised deeply in the traditions and culture of China and Hong Kong, and I have spent almost every summer of my life traveling to China and Hong Kong to visit my relatives.

I have also attended Chinese school for 14 years and I have learned about history, food, and traditions about my culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment